HARVARD CLUB OF NEW JERSEY
VIRTUAL NETWORKING RECEPTION
The Harvard Club of New Jersey will be hosting its first Virtual Networking Reception on July 21 (5:30—7PM) on Zoom. There will first be a branding session hosted by Amelia Gandar of Kantar and Jess Henry of Pinterest. After, there will be small networking sessions in breakout rooms based on industries. At the end, there will be a brief close-out in the "main room," where you can exchange information in the Zoom chat function.Please purchase a ticket based on the industry group of interest to you. You do not have to pick your current industry. After you have registered, we will send you the Zoom link with additional instructions.Industries:
- Orange: Architecture & Design, Art, Entertainment, Fashion/Retail, Food & Wine, Museums, Performing & Visual Arts Writing/Publishing/Journalism
- Red: Education/Higher Ed, Human Rights Nonprofits Philanthropy, Public Service, Religion, Social Entrepreneurship
- Yellow: Banking & Securities Business, Consulting, Event Planning, Finance, HR/Talent Acquisition, Investment Management, Private Equity, Real Estate, Venture Capital
- Green: Biotech, Energy, Environment, Engineering, Healthcare, Medicine, Public Health, Research Science
- Black: Digital Internet/Commerce Media, Software, Telecommunications, Technology/IT
- Blue: Criminal Justice, Foreign Policy, Government, International Affairs, Law, Public Policy, Transportation, Urban Planning and HousingBranding is a powerful tool great companies and brands use to differentiate their offerings from others. The same is true with personal branding—the process of establishing and consistently reinforcing who you are and what you stand for in your career and life. In this presentation, two experienced brand marketers with years of industry marketing experience will help you implement strategies from the product marketing industry to define your personal brand.
Amelia GandarBased in London, Amelia is a senior director in Kantar's Consulting Division and Global Lead of the Strategy practice. Responsible for the development and service of Kantar's base of key client relationships, Amelia's work spans business and category strategy, brand strategy, innovation, brand experience, go-to-market and organizational capability. In addition, Amelia is the custodian of the Strategy practice for the Consulting Division globally, with a particular focus on the development and evolution of the offer.Jess HenryJessica works in marketing at Pinterest, helping to reach key audiences and drive comprehension for the business. She recently created and led Pinterest's user storytelling initiative, which supported everything from sales enablement to executive engagement, investor relations and the company's IPO.