This is a walking tour of amazing downtown area of Newark, including its lovely parks, its urban archicterure, local food offerings, and celebrated public art. The tour's experienced guides from Have You Met Newark Tours (who led the Ironbound tour last November and the Cherry Blossom tour in the spring) are trained urban planners and Newark residents. The experiences they have crafted across Newark for over 8 years have earned them a 5-star rating on TripAdvisor.
Highlights of Downtown Tour:
- A Short History of Newark - the 3rd Oldest City in America
- Green Spaces - Newark's Downtown Parks
- Historical Architecture - Newark's Cultural Institutions Shine
- Coffee Culture - Independent Coffee Shops in Downtown Newark
- Custom, Bespoke, Local - Shopping at Boutiques on Halsey Street
- Public Art - Murals Galore
The tour will last approximately 2-3 hours. The route will be outside and tour guides and attendees will be recommended to wear masks (if not vaccinated). Comfortable shoes are suggested.
All attendees must have an invididual ticket.
Tour Date: October 16, 2021 at 11AM
Tour Start Point: the Carousel at Military Park (between Broad and Rector Streets and Park Place)
Tour Duration: 2-3 hours
Tour Price: $25 for non-members ($15 for members)
If you have any questions, please email Manny Antunes '11 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tour Start Point (Center of Military Park, near the Carousel)