Angel investing 101
Experienced angels and venture capitalists will share their insights and answer your questions. Whether you are new to angel investing or an experienced investor evaluating your next move, this evening is for you.
A panel of experienced angels and venture capitalists will share with you the best practices of angel investing and help you avoid potential pitfalls.
Collectively they will address topics such as:
- How to assess opportunities (idea, team, valuation)
- Should you require a full-blown business plan and what to look for
- How to source great deals
- How to build a portfolio of startup investments
- How to add value to a portfolio company
- What to do when your portfolio startup pivots
- When should you think about exits
- How to make the most out of angel group participation
- How to collaborate effectively with other angel groups
- Overview of AngelList, SeedInvest and other syndication models
- How will the JOBS Acts and new crowdfunding regulations impact individual investors
The Harvard Business School Alumni Angels organization is comprised of Harvard alumni interested in investing in high-potential early stage companies. Globally, they have over eight hundred members in eleven local chapters who have invested in more than one hundred companies since 2007. The HBS Alumni Angels of Greater New York serve the NY/NJ/CT/PA region. Since being founded in late 2010, this local chapter has grown to be the largest angel group in New York and has invested $6+ million to date in 40+ companies. Learn more at HBS Alumni Angels of NY.
The Harvard Club of New Jersey - http://hcnj.clubs.harvard.edu Since its founding in 1904, the Harvard Club of New Jersey has helped bring New Jersey alumni together to strengthen and maintain their connections to Harvard University. The Club fosters a spirit of fraternity among graduates and former students of Harvard University through numerous events throughout the year. The Club provides vital support to Harvard’s admissions program by coordinating the interview process for applicants. The Club also actively supports undergraduate education by raising scholarship and internship funds for Harvard College students from New Jersey.
Sponsors: Porzio, Bromberg & Newman is a business-oriented multidisciplinary law practice where attorneys collaborate with each other and with clients to find solutions to challenges and problems.
Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2016
6pm - 6:30pm: Registration and reception
6:30 - 7:30pm: Program
7:30 - 8:00pm: Networking
Venue: Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, 100 Southgate Parkway, Morristown, NJ 07962
Price: FREE -- RSVP Required. Please note that reservations will be handled by the HBS Alumni Angels of NY.
Questions: Please contact Dennis Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.